Mayor's Recovery Month Book Club
We'll be hosting free book groups and author talks with writers Sam Quinones and Maureen Cavanagh at local library branches all month. Join us for a citywide discussion on substance use, addiction and recovery. You can learn about the books, and upcoming events, at the bottom of this page.
Upcoming eventsUpcoming Events
National and personal toll of opioid epidemic discussion
Join us for a conversation led by Mayor Walsh with Sam Quinones, author of "Dreamland," and Maureen Cavanagh, author of "If You Love Me."
There are no upcoming events available at this time.
Recovery Month Books
'Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic'
By Sam Quinones
Acclaimed journalist Sam Quinones tells the true story of the evolving opioid epidemic in Mexico and the United States.
'If You Love Me: A Mother's Journey Through Her Daughter's Opioid Addiction'
By Maureen Cavanagh
A mother suddenly finds herself on the frontlines of the opioid epidemic as her daughter battles substance use disorder.
Boston Public Library Recovery Month reading list
The Boston Public Library presents this list of related reads in support of the mission of National Recovery Month.
All Recovery Month eventsAll events
- 'Dreamland' Book Club at Frugal Bookstore (September 17, 6 p.m.)
- Recovery Month Lunch and Learn Series at City Hall (September 19, 12 p.m.)
- 'Dreamland' Book Club at Central Branch Library (September 19, 2:30 p.m.)
- 'Dreamland' Book Club at Egleston Square Branch Library (September 19, 6:30 p.m.)
- 'Dreamland' Book Club at West End Branch Library (September 20, 3 p.m.)
- Recovery Month Book Club at Central Branch Library (September 25, 6 p.m.)
- Recovery Month Lunch and Learn Series at City Hall (September 26, 12 p.m.)
- Recovery Book Club at Adams Street Branch of Library (September 26, 6:30 p.m.)
- National and Personal Toll of the Opioid Epidemic: A discussion with Mayor Walsh, Sam Quinones and Maureen Cavanagh (September 26, 6 p.m.)
- Recovery Month Book Club at East Boston Branch Library (September 27, 6:30 p.m.)