Project Partnership Grant
For its first ever Project Partnership Grant, the City of Boston offered a limited number of grants up to $10,000 each to be used for projects that may include arts or cultural programs, activations, annual cultural traditions, and community arts events. For the pilot round, six projects were awarded grants totaling $30,000. The projects included:
About the Grant
We are looking for projects that would significantly benefit by resources from, and partnership with, the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture. Projects should contribute to the cultural vitality of Boston as a whole.
This grant is meant to elevate recurring events and programs that create opportunities for Boston artists. We want to make arts opportunities accessible to everyone, in every neighborhood.
Aside from a grant of up to $10,000, we may provide help with:
- event or program production
- navigating permitting or licensing, and
- press and marketing efforts.
Eligibility for the grant
Individual artists, art collectives, nonprofits, producers, and curators are eligible to apply. All artistic disciplines are welcome. Applicants must also have a track record relevant to the proposed project.Project Requirements
- The proposed project or event must have happened or have been tested in some form before.
- All projects must be based in the City of Boston and demonstrate a visible benefit to one or more underserved communities in Boston.
- Project must take place by July 1, 2020.
- The proposed project or event must include a plan to pay all artists involved.
- The grant must be used for project expenses. These include materials, space rentals, artist fees, marketing, and permit fees.