Find out if you are eligible
To be eligible, you must:
- not be enrolled in middle school or high school
- be between the ages of 12-25, and
- live in Boston.
If you are between the ages of 19-25, you must demonstrate means testing. This includes being enrolled in a GED or job training program, or taking part in a state or federal income-based program, such as Mass Health, WIC, food stamps, or Section 8.
We have more detailed information about eligibility guidelines.
Complete the intake form
If you are interested in the Youth Pass Program, you must complete the intake form.
After you complete your application, you will receive an email confirming your residency eligibility with information on how to get a Youth Pass. In the email you will receive:
- the Youth Pass application
- a link to schedule an appointment, and
- a list of required documents needed for your appointment.
Prepare for your appointment
Before the appointment, you will be required to:
- complete the application
- sign up for an appointment time by calling 617-635-4202 (we prefer appointments, but walk-ins are welcome), and
- gather the required documents for the appointment to receive a Youth Pass.
We ONLY accept hard copies of documents. We do no accept screenshots or photo copies. You will not be able to receive a Youth Pass if you do not have all required documents at the time of your appointment.
Legal guardians, mentors, and supervisors cannot complete the process. Youth must come in on their own to complete the process.
Go to your appointment (or walk-in)
You will come to the BCYF Administrative Office for your appointment. While we prefer appointments, walk-ins are welcome:
BCYF Administrative Office
1483 Tremont Street
Mission Hill, MA 02120
After you complete the process, you will receive a Youth Pass at the end of your appointment.