Healthy Incentives Program
The new program works a lot like how Boston Bounty Bucks worked. The state offers financial help to SNAP users. They match funds that SNAP recipients use to buy fresh, local produce. The program promotes healthy eating, while also supporting the local economy.
The Healthy Incentives Program includes the City of Boston and locations across the state. We match each SNAP dollar spent on fruits and vegetables at:
- farmers markets and farm stands
- mobile food markets, and
- Community Supported Agriculture programs (CSA) Farm Shares.
- As a SNAP participant, you are already enrolled! Use your SNAP dollars to buy farm fresh fruits and vegetables at a Healthy Incentives Program retailer.
- An equal amount of money — up to your monthly limits — is instantly added back to your EBT card.
- Your receipt will show the amount of additional SNAP dollars you've earned.
- Spend your earned benefits anywhere that accepts SNAP.
Based on your household, here’s what you can earn each month:
- $40, for 1-2 people
- $60, for 3-5 people
- $80, for 6 or more people
Find out more information about Farmers Markets in the City. If you’re a farmers market and you want to become a program retailer, please contact us.