About the fund
We're dedicating federal funds to help Boston residents who have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are having difficulty paying their rent.
To qualify for this financial assistance, you must either:
- not be eligible for the new extended unemployment benefits offered by the federal government, or
- because of the nature of your job, the unemployment benefits that you will receive represent a significant reduction in your actual income.
Applicants will also need to certify that:
- they do not receive a rental subsidy
- they do not have savings to meet this need, and
- do not have access to other resources, including gifts from family members or other associates.
The Rental Relief Fund is managed by the Office of Housing Stability with three nonprofit partners:
The amount of help renters receive will be determined after taking into account other sources of income.
Did you receive a Notice to Quit?
If you received a Notice to Quit or Eviction Summons and Complaint from the Court, please visit the COVID Eviction Legal Help website for legal assistance.
Every Tuesday from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., the Office of Housing Stability hosts a virtual legal clinic. Complete our online form to RSVP for this clinic, where you can speak with attorneys and a landlord mediator.