Community Garden Compost Drop-off
Our program offers residents a place to compost their food scraps. We also gives gardens access to compost that they need to grow food and other plants. We will be announcing the new drop-off locations in June 2022.
The City is now recruiting community gardens to participate in a pilot season. Submit an application for your garden or urban agriculture project below, and read on to learn more.
- Use the link below to apply to host a compost drop-off site by May 1, 2022. If you have any questions, register to attend our application workshop before applying. The workshop will be held on April 21.
- Meet fellow community gardeners who will also be participating in the Community Garden Compost Drop-off program.
- Receive tools, training, and support to compost food waste from your neighbors.
- Report data each week, and receive rewards for your garden.
- Check back here in June for a map of community gardens that accept compost drop-offs. Read on to learn about what you will be able to compost at your local community garden.
- No need to wait until June to start composting your food waste! Visit out Project Oscar page to find your local Project Oscar bin, and learn how to start composting your food waste in Boston.
Apply to host a compost drop-off site at your community garden or urban agricultural project. If you have questions before submitting your application, register for the application workshop on April 21.