BCYF Youth Advisory Committee
The committee works to identify, discuss, and inform BCYF leadership on youth issues and programming.
We established the committee in September 2014. Members get the knowledge and skills needed to help their communities. BCYF community center members — ages 14-17 — make up the committee.
What happens at the committee
Teens on the committee make positive changes in their neighborhoods through projects and volunteering.
- volunteering at City events, such as the Elderly Commission’s New Year’s event and the BCYF Citywide Swim Championship
- attending a service day at the American Red Cross Food Pantry
- attending a service leadership trip
- providing a youth voice for projects at many organizations. Groups have included Urban Edge, The Mobility Project, and the Mass. Department of Mental Health, and
- planning and putting in place events and programs for youth across Boston.