BCYF Youth Advisory Committee
- Programs and classes: BCYF community centers are offering a limited menu of programs and classes for pre-registered participants. We continue to expand the menu of offerings as we are able to in accordance with public health guidelines. Learn more about our registration guidelines.
- Meal distribution: Select BCYF locations are meal pick-up sites. You can learn more and find a location online.
Boston high school students are invited to apply to BCYF Youth Advisory Committee (YAC). As a BCYF YAC member, youth will:
- represent their BCYF community center
- discuss issues affecting youth in their community, and offer positive solutions
- work in collaboration with youth from across Boston
- inform BCYF on youth programming needs, and
- participate in community service projects.
Applications are due January 22, 2021.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we will begin fully virtual and will add in person activities as we are able.
What happens at the committee
Teens on the committee make positive changes in their neighborhoods through projects and volunteering.
- volunteering at City events, such as the Elderly Commission’s New Year’s event and the BCYF Citywide Swim Championship
- attending a service day at the American Red Cross Food Pantry
- attending a service leadership trip
- providing a youth voice for projects at many organizations. Groups have included Urban Edge, The Mobility Project, and the Mass. Department of Mental Health, and
- planning and putting in place events and programs for youth across Boston.