BCYF Youth Advisory Committee
We established the committee in September 2014. Members get the knowledge and skills needed to help their communities. BCYF community center members — ages 14-17 — make up the committee.
Deadline extended to Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
What happens at the committee
Teens on the committee make positive changes in their neighborhoods through projects and volunteering.
- volunteering at City events, such as the Elderly Commission’s New Year’s event and the BCYF Citywide Swim Championship
- attending a service day at the American Red Cross Food Pantry
- attending a service leadership trip
- providing a youth voice for projects at many organizations. Groups have included Urban Edge, The Mobility Project, and the Mass. Department of Mental Health, and
- planning and putting in place events and programs for youth across Boston.