Animal Care and Control coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Our top priority at Animal Care and Control is the health and safety of animals and the people who care for them. At this time, we ask that residents call or email for services. Visit our website to see what services can be performed online, or are currently on hold.Service Changes
City of Boston Animal Care and Control Division is continuing operations as follows:
- Animal Control Officers are responding to urgent calls.
- We have cancelled all Low Cost Rabies Vaccines and Dog Licensing Clinics.
- The Animal Shelter at 26 Mahler Road is available by appointment only for limited services. We are not accepting appointments for low cost veterinary services at this time. The animals under our care will receive the same level of attention and love as they always have.
- Our offices at 1010 Massachusetts Avenue remain open with reduced staffing levels, and increased remote work for employees. We can help you by phone or email at this time.
- In order to increase social distancing, we encourage residents to renew dog licenses online or by mail. Contact us by phone to if you would like to request an application be mailed to you, or if we can assist you with the online process in any way.
We are in regular contact with the Boston Public Health Commission for information and guidance. Please visit the City's coronavirus website for the latest information.