City of Boston and State Election Teams Recognize National Voter Registration Day on College Campuses
September 22, 2014
Voter registration teams from the Boston Election Department, Mayor Walsh’s City Hall to Go Program, and the Secretary of the Commonwealth William F. Galvin’s Elections Division will visit college campuses across Boston on Tuesday, September 23, which has been designated National Voter Registration Day. The State Election will take place on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
The teams will register voters, provide information about absentee ballots, and give out Student Voter Registration fact sheets at each location.
Geraldine Cuddyer, Chair of Boston’s Board of Election Commissioners, is urging students who wish to register in Massachusetts to do so well before the October 15deadline.
“With several very competitive races going on in Massachusetts, as well as critical ballot questions, we are urging students, and all residents, to register early so that their forms can be processed in a timely manner,” said Commissioner Cuddyer. “This will give new registrants plenty of time to ascertain their polling location, familiarize themselves with candidates, and read up on the ballot questions.”
Locations for voter registration on Tuesday will be:
- Boston University, George Sherman Union -- 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Emerson College, Campus Center Lobby -- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Roxbury Community College, Academic Center -- 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- UMass Boston, Campus Center, Plaza Level -- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Suffolk University, Donahue Building -- 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Copley Square Farmers’ Market, Boylston and Dartmouth Streets -- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
For more information on election topics, please contact www.cityofboston.gov/elections.