First Night 2019 in Boston
You can find First Night information related to parking and traffic restrictions below.
Parking and traffic restrictions
On Monday, December 31, Boylston Street, between Dartmouth Street and Charles Street, will be closed to traffic from approximately 4 - 8 p.m.
On Monday, December 31, Charles Street, between Boylston Street and Beacon Street, will be closed to traffic from approximately 5 - 8 p.m.
From Monday, December 31 at 8 a.m., through Tuesday, January 1 at 4 p.m., Dartmouth Street, between Saint James Avenue and Boylston Street, will be closed to traffic.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday-Tuesday” parking restrictions will be in effect from Sunday, 12/30/18, through Tuesday, 1/1/19, in these locations:
- Boylston Street, Copley Square side, from Dartmouth Street to Clarendon Street
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Monday 12:01AM–Tuesday 5:00AM” parking restrictions will be in effect from 12:01 AM on Monday, 12/31/18, through 5 AM on Tuesday, 1/1/19, in these locations:
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Berkeley Street to Arlington Street
“Tow Zone No Stopping Monday” parking restrictions will be in effect on Monday, December 31, 2018, in these locations:
- Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
- Atlantic Avenue, east side, from East India Row to Commercial Street; west side, from Commercial Wharf to Cross Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Berkeley Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Blagden Street, both sides, from Dartmouth Street to Exeter Street, not including the BPL parking zone
- Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter Street to Berkeley Street; Public Garden side, from Arlington Street to Charles Street
- Charles Street, Public Garden side, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Charles Street South, odd side, from Park Plaza to Boylston Street
- Clarendon Street, north side, from Newbury Street to Boylston Street; Trinity Church side, from Boylston Street to Saint James Avenue
- Dartmouth Street, both sides, from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
- Saint James Avenue, both sides, from Clarendon Street to Dartmouth Street
- Trinity Place, Copley Fairmont side, from Saint James Avenue to Stuart Street; both sides, from Stuart Street to the Clarendon Street Parking garage, at/ opposite #40 Trinity Place