Free Bluebikes passes for essential workers
- Employees of local retail establishments and restaurants in Boston
- Employees of grocery stores located in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett, and Somerville
- Employees of pharmacies located in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett, or Somerville
Retail shop and restaurant employees
To support employees of small businesses, the City of Boston is offering free 90-day passes to people who work in retail shops or restaurants.
- Work in a restaurant in Boston
- Work in a retail store in Boston
*At this time, the program is limited to employees of retail and restaurants in the City of Boston.
Grocery store and pharmacy employees
We are offering free 90-day passes to people who work in a grocery store or pharmacy that is located in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett, or Somerville.
These passes include free trips up to 60 minutes. Riders are responsible for fees on trips over 60 minutes and bikes that go missing during their rental period.
You are eligible for this program if you:
- are employed by a grocery store located in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett, or Somerville, or
- employed by a pharmacy located in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett, or Somerville
HOW TO RIDEfind a bike:
Find a station with an available bike on the Station Map. Insert your key into a dock or get a ride code from the kiosk or your Bluebikes app. When the light turns green, pull the bike out.Get Going:
The first 60-minutes of each trip is covered by your membership. If you ride on the same bike for longer, overtime fees will apply (like late library books!). Dock your bike within 60 minutes and you will not be charged overtime fees.Return the Bike to a station:
Never leave a bike unattended. Always dock your bike at a station and check for the green light before you walk away. The penalty for a lost or stolen bike is $1200.go again:
Your membership includes as many 45-minute trips as you’d like. Ride whenever you want, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!