Human Resources COVID-19 update
We have updated our health insurance to be responsive to new healthcare needs and ensure that employees, retirees, and their dependents needing treatment during this time have access to quality health care in a timely and efficient manner. Below is an outline of the steps that we have taken:
- We are waiving copays for Telemedicine services provided through our three health insurance carriers. Employees and retirees can connect with a licensed doctor or provider remotely from home using Telemedicine services. During this time, we strongly encourage employees to take advantage of these services offered for non-COVID-19 related needs.
- We are also waiving copays for testing and treatment related to COVID-19. This will apply for both in- and out-of-network providers. If you think you may need to be tested, please contact your primary care provider.
- Prior authorizations, referrals, and other administrative barriers will also be removed for medically appropriate care related to COVID-19. Please remember you need to bring your health insurance card whenever seeking services.
Current department status
- For all verification of employment forms, please email your request to OHR@boston.gov.
- For health benefits and insurance, in-person meetings are by appointment only. Please email HBI@boston.gov or call the Health Benefits and Insurance team at 617-635-4570 to schedule.
- To access the Employee Assistance Program, please call the main line at 617-635-2200 to be connected to an on-call clinician. The temporary hours at this time are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m - 5 p.m. They are also available after hours, from 5 - 8 p.m. For a list of the clinicians and additional resources, visit the Employee Assistance Program website.
- Workers Compensation services remain available, but the team is working remotely. For the near-term, do not send faxes to the Workers Compensation office. Instead, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-635-3193 with any questions.