City Hall Restaurant Spotlight
Later this summer, the City of Boston will be releasing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to find a permanent vendor for the 8th Floor Cafe at City Hall. We want to ensure that local small businesses can access this opportunity. For that reason, we'll be hosting a City Hall Restaurant Spotlight. The City Hall Restaurant Spotlight will be a short-term opportunity for local restaurants and food businesses to vend at City Hall. Selected businesses will be able to use the City Hall Cafe — at no cost to the operator — to vend for a two-week period.
During this period, the City will pay for utilities (heat, air, electricity and water). The City of Boston will also waive all fees associated with vending from the 8th Floor Cafe.
- ZaZ | July 19 - 30, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Café Juice Up and La Catrina | August 2 - 13, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Zaaki | August 16 - 27, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lime Red Tea House and Tawakal | August 30 - September 10, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Home Run Café | September 13 - 24, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- 50Kitchen | September 27 - October 8, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
How to apply
- have at least one existing restaurant or food business located within the City of Boston
- be interested in expanding or growing their business
- commit to vending for the full length of the program
- demonstrate the capacity to expand into this temporary space
- must currently have at least 2 employees
- must have existing menu, and
- an ability to get inventory for the two-week slot
- demonstrate consistent positive Restaurant Grading System grade (from ISD) and must be in good standing with ISD.
- be prepared to vend from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. from Monday through Friday for the entire two-week period.
- Certificate of Occupancy (current business)
- Upload a copy of their current menu
- Proof of payroll (dated within the last 30 days)
- Current Health Permit for 2021
- Most recent Restaurant Grade
- July 19 - July 30 (set up on July 18, clean up on July 31)
- August 2 - August 13 (set up on August 1, clean up on August 14)
- August 16 - August 27 (set up on August 15, clean up on August 28)
- August 30 - September 10 (set up on August 29, clean up on September 11)
- September 10 - September 24 (set up on September 9, clean up on September 25)
- September 27 - October 8 (set up on September 26, clean up on October 9)
*Subject to change
Please note: This application has closed.