Just want to talk to a person?
The DoIT Service Desk is available for everyone (from any City Department) at any time at 617-635-7378.
- Boston Public Schools: BPS Technology Help Desk Support at 617-635-9200
- Boston Police Department: BPD Tech Support Group at 617-343-9600
- Boston Fire Department: Information Technology Division at 617-343-3483
- Boston Public Library: Help Desk at 617-859-2000, extension 4357
- Boston Public Health Commission: Help Desk at 617-534-2400
Sponsored Accounts are given to people who are not on the City of Boston's payroll but still need an account in order to access electronic resources. There are different role types:
- Other Governmental Employee, and
Regular employees can request a Sponsored Account for someone from the Access Boston Portal, and their manager approves the request.
Sponsored Accounts are provided for a specific amount of time (up to one year) and can be renewed as needed. Reminders are sent to the Sponsor two weeks before the account is due to expire. If someone leaves early, the Sponsor should put in the new end date from the Access Boston Portal so that access is immediately stopped.