311 is an easy-to-remember telephone number that connects you with highly-trained constituent service representatives. They are ready to help you with requests for non-emergency City services and information.
The 311 Constituent Service Center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
1 City Hall Square
Boston, MA 02201
Download the app
The Boston 311 app helps residents and visitors improve City neighborhoods. You can report non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti.
Report a Non-Emergency Issue
Online ServicesOnline Services
Rodents and Pests
Report a Problem
Licensing and Permitting
- Common Victualler
- Change of Corporation Name
- Change of Corporation Office
- Change of Manager Form
- Film in Boston
- One-Time Carnival
- Request to Amend License
- New License
- Special One-Day
- Change of Manager
- Change of Location
- Change of Hours/Classification
- Amendment to Description
- Change of D/B/A
- Change Within the Corporation
- Pledge of Stock or License
Certificates and Registrations
- Illegal Posting of Signs
- Illegal Vening
- Report Failure to Clean Commercial Sidewalk
- Report Business Plowing Snow Onto City Sidewalk
Bids and RFPs
Weights, Measures, and Pricing
- Water in Gas - High Priority
- Report Scale Not Visible
- Scanning Overcharge
- Report Missing or Wrong Gas Price
- Report Missing or Wrong Item Price
- Report Missing or Wrong Unit Price
- Report Short Measure - Gas
- Report Short Measure - Product
- Report Oil Truck - No Receipt Received
- Report Oil Truck - Short Measure
- Report Oil Truck.- No Price Per Gallon
- Search the Catalog
- Library Job Opportunities
- Get a Library Card
- Download Media
- Reserve Museum Passes Online
- Missed Pickup
- Request Bulk Item Pickup
- TV / Computer Monitor Pickup
- Refrigerator Pickup
- Air Conditioner Pickup
- Water Cooler Pickup
- Dehumidifier Pickup
- Report Messy Yard
- Household Waste Look-Up
Trash in Public
- Illegal Dumping
- Overflowing or Unkempt Dumpster
- Improper Storage of Trash Barrels
- Empty Public Waste Bin
- Request Public Bin Installation
- Trash on a Vacant Lot
- Restaurant Health Ratings
- Register Rental Units
- Poor Ventilation (Residential)
- Bed Bug Inspection
- Inspectional Services Health Forms
- Rental Unity Delivery Conditions Inspection
Restaurant Unsanitary Conditions
- Restaurant Unsanitary Conditions - Food
- Restaurant Unsanitary Conditions - Establishment
- Restaurant Unsanitary Conditions - Employees
- Report No Utilities Food Establishment - Sewer
- Report No Utilities Food Establishment - Water
- Report No Utilities Food Establishment - Electricity
- Report No Utilities Food Flood - Electricities
- Report Fire in Food Establishment
- Report Food Alert - Medically Confirmed
- Report Food Alert - Medically Unconfirmed
Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
Health and Medical
- Register Rental Units
- Property Value and Tax
- Pay Property Tax
- Registration Application of Vacant/Foreclosed Properties
- Change Mailing Address for Property Tax Bills
- US Postal Service Change of Address Form
- Work Exceeding Terms of Permit
- Work Without Permit
- Working Beyond Hours
- Construction Debris
- Illegal Dumping
- Contractor Complaint
- Consumer Complaint
- Building Inspections (Structural)
- Electrical Inspection
- Plumbing Inspection
- Disabled Access Issue
- Schedule a Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Inspection
- Abandoned Building
Health and Safety
- Housing Inspection Forms
- Report Squalid Living Conditions
- Lead Paint Inspection
- Student Overcrowding
- Mice Inspection
- Pest Inspection
- BHA Maintenance Complaint
- Maintenance Complaint / Residential
- Insufficient Heat
- Excessive Heat
- Rental Re-Inspection Form
- Schedule Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Inspection
Zoning and Occupancy
- Illegal Occupancy
- Illegal Rooming House
- Occupancy Without Valid CO/CI
- Illegal Auto Body Shop
- Protection of Adjoining Property
- Dormitory License
- Lodging House License
- Special Event / Wedding Permit Application
- Athletic Facility Permit Application
- Franklin Park Event Permit Application
Signs and Signals
- Missing / Damaged Sign
- Request New Sign
- Traffic Signal Problem
- Walk Light Problem
- Street Light Out
- Request New Pavement Marking
- Request New Crosswalk
Maintenance and Repairs
- Parking Violation Payment
- Parking Violation Appeal
- Parking Ticket Notification
- Abandoned Vehicle
- Parking Meter Repair
- Parking Lot Complaint
- Valet Parking Problems
- Valet Parking Application
- Illegally Parked Cars
- Resident Parking Permit
- Parking on Front/Back Yards
- Street Occupancy Permit Lookup
- Street Occupancy Alerts
- Resident Parking Permit
- Permit Renewal
- Chang in Plates, Vehicles or Neighborhood
- Student Permit
- Rental Car Permit
- Residential Handicap
Water and Sewer
- Pay Water and Sewer Bill
- Report Water Problem (Boston Water and Sewer)
- Report Water Problem (Residential)
- Sewage / Septic Backup (Residential)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 311?
311 is an easy-to-remember telephone number that connects you with highly-trained constituent service center representatives. They are ready to help you with requests for non-emergency City services and information.
When can I call 311?
The 311 constituent service center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
What's the difference between 911 and 311?
- 311 is the number to call to get information and access to all non-emergency City services.
- 911 is the number to call in case of emergency (burning house, robbery, crime in progress).
Can I call 311 from my cell phone?
Yes. If you cannot connect to 311 on your cell phone, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.
Is calling 311 from my cell free?
Cellular air time charges will apply.
Can you call 311 from a VOIP phone?
If you are a VOIP customer and having difficulty calling 311, it is best to contact your VOIP provider and let them know you cannot connect. It is up to individual VOIP providers to make 311 services available to their customers. Once configured, VOIP service should work properly as long as you are registered as located within the boundaries of the City of Boston. Alternatively, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.
Why can't I get through when I dial 311?
Many offices and institutions have complex routing and telephone systems that may need to be configured to allow users to dial 311. You can contact the telecomm office for your company or institution and request they reconfigure the system to allow calls to 311. Alternatively, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.
Can I request City services and information?
There are several ways Residents can request City services other than calling 311. Residents are encouraged to download the BOS:311 mobile app, Tweet @BOS311, or visit City Hall on the Go, Boston's mobile City services truck. To speak with someone from the Mayor's Office of Constituent Service in person, please come to the Mayor's Office on the 5th Floor of City Hall weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
How can I track my request?
Once you have successfully submitted your request, you will receive an email with a tracking number that you can use to monitor your request.