The City of Boston is governed by Mayor Martin J. Walsh and the City Council with the assistance of various departments, agencies, and commissions.
Mayor Martin J. Walsh, an accomplished advocate for working people and a proud product of the City of Boston, is the City’s 54th mayor. Mayor Walsh was sworn in to serve a second term on January 1, 2018. Learn more about Mayor Walsh and read his blog. You can also request the Mayor for your event.
Meet the Cabinet HeadsMeet the Cabinet Heads
Learn about the initiative designed to inform the Mayor and city managers about the overall health of the City.
Transition Committee reportsTransition reports
- Foreword and Introduction
- Arts and Culture Report
- Basic Services Report
- Economic Development Report
- Education Report
- Energy, Environment, Open Spaces Report
- Housing Report
- Human Services Report
- Intergovernmental Relations Report
- Public Health Report
- Public Safety Report
- Transportation and Infrastructure Report
- Youth Report
- Complete Transition Working Groups Report