COVID-19 information
For the latest updates, please visit our coronavirus (COVID-19) website:

How to change your tax bill mailing address

Last updated:

If you want to change the address where you receive your property taxes, you have two options:


Before you get started in person

You can fill out a form before visiting Boston City Hall:


Go to Boston City Hall

You can bring your completed form or fill out a new one. We're located at:

Assessing Department, Room 301
1 City Hall Square
Boston, MA 02201
Office hours
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Before you get started by mail

Download and fill out the form you need:

You can also call the Taxpayer Referral and Assistance Center at 617-635-4287 and we will send you a form.


Mail the form to the City

If you’re a resident, send your completed property tax change of address form to:

Assessing Department
Tax Data Administration, Room 301
1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA 02201

If you’re a business, send your completed personal property tax change of address form to:

City of Boston, Personal Property
P.O. Box 9712, Boston, MA 02114

For a personal property tax mailing address change, you can also email your completed form to

1 City Hall Square
Room 301
Boston, MA 02201-2011

Suggested Content

We're testing out suggested content on below. If you see anything out of place, let us know at

Back to top