We strive to guarantee safe and efficient travel into and around Boston. We always consider pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, passengers, and everyone who takes public transportation. Our work attempts to improve safety and traffic flow while balancing residential and commercial needs for street parking. We use coordinated planning, engineering, enforcement, and community engagement to guide our work.
We always try to take advantage of current technology to improve what we do, from customer service to new programs.
News and Announcements
Our city-wide plan will connect people in every neighborhood to Boston’s greenway network.
We want to create streets that are great public spaces and last a long time.
Autonomous vehicles: Boston’s approach
Neighborhood Slow Streets
- Traffic regulations and permits
- Guidelines for traffic engineers, contractors, and developers
- Guidelines for tour buses in Boston
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2016
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2015
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2014
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2013