We strive to guarantee safe and efficient travel into and around Boston. We always consider pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, passengers, and everyone who takes public transportation. Our work attempts to improve safety and traffic flow while balancing residential and commercial needs for street parking. We use coordinated planning, engineering, enforcement, and community engagement to guide our work.
We always try to take advantage of current technology to improve what we do, from customer service to new programs.
Our Tow Lot is located at 200 Frontage Road in South Boston. Call 617-635-3900 for info.
BOS:311 service requestsBOS:311
News and Announcements
Programs and initiativesPrograms and initiatives
Our city-wide plan will connect people in every neighborhood to Boston’s greenway network.
We want to create streets that are great public spaces and last a long time.
Go Boston 2030!
- Traffic regulations and permits
- Guidelines for traffic engineers, contractors, and developers
- Guidelines for tour buses in Boston
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2016
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2015
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2014
- Traffic Management Center Annual Report - FY 2013