Whether walking, riding a bike, riding the bus or train, sharing a ride or hailing one, or even charging your electric car, these mobility hubs will help you connect to your destination. GoHubs! will get us closer to the Go Boston 2030 goal of: “Every home in Boston will be within a 10 minute walk of a rail station or key bus route, Bluebikes station, and car-share."
What is a GoHub!?
- Identifiable places where transportation options, information, and placemaking elements are combined
- Centered around bus stops, subway stations, and Bluebikes
- Includes other amenities, such as Carshare, pick-up and drop-off for ride hail, EV charging, information kiosks, seating, and public art
- Form a network, improving first and last mile connections, and making it easier to get from major transportation hubs to within neighborhoods, and vice versa
- A majority of our residents rely upon public transit, biking, walking, and driving to get around our city. But, shared mobility and technology advances are altering travel.
- New ways of transportation are introduced each day. The future of transportation may very well be shared, electric, and highly mobile.
- GoHubs! are intended to help us organize these modes. We provide information on how to access them and navigate the technology, and ultimately make it easier to get around Boston
East Boston Pilot
In the summer and fall of 2020, the City of Boston will launch a pilot program of GoHubs! throughout East Boston. We will be installing GoHubs! in eight locations.
Eagle Hill (Meridian and White Streets)
Airport T Station (Bremen and Brooks Streets)
Gove Street at the Greenway
Maverick Street @ Massport Path
Stay informed, give us your input
GoHubs!, individually and as a network, will only be effective if they work for the community and meet your needs. Your voice is essential in this pilot process. We will be meeting with neighborhood associations in East Boston and engaging around the GoHub! locations over the summer and fall. In the meantime, please review our proposed list of locations and included parts. You can submit feedback to email@example.com