Pay with your ticket, notice, or registration number
You can use our online search to pay by your ticket or notice number. You can also search for your plate or registration number online if your car is registered in Massachusetts.
For online payments, we only accept debit or credit cards from Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
Get your payment together
At City Hall, we accept cash, debit or credit cards from Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express, and checks or money orders made payable to the City of Boston.
If you use a credit card or debit card, there is a non-refundable service fee of 2.5% of the total payment, with a $1 minimum. This fee is paid to the card processor and not kept by the City.Please note:
If your debit card requires you to enter your pin to process a payment, you CANNOT use it to pay your fee.
Go to the Parking Clerk’s office
You pay your parking ticket at:
1 City Hall Square, Room 224
Boston, MA 02201
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Write a letter to the City
The letter needs to include your:
- ticket and registration number
- name and address, and
- payment for the fine.
For payments by mail, we only accept personal checks or money orders made payable to the City of Boston.
Mail your information to the City
You can send your information to:
City of Boston
P.O. Box 55800
Boston, MA 02205
Have your info ready for the call
Find your parking ticket number. If you lost your ticket number, use your plate or registration number.
For payments over the phone, we only accept debit or credit cards from Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
Call the City
You can reach us at 617-635-3888. Our pay-by-phone system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Online or over the phone: We only accept debit or credit cards from Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
- In person: You can pay with cash, a cashier's check, a money order, or a debit card or credit card from Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
- By mail: We only accept personal checks or money orders.
Keep in mind
- Any ticket issued by a Parking Enforcement Officer is uploaded to the City’s online system the same day. Handwritten tickets may take longer to be added to the system.
- For out-of-state plates or unknown ticket numbers, please call the Parking Clerk at 617-635-4410.
We're testing out suggested content on Boston.gov below. If you see anything out of place, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org