Pay with your ticket or notice number
You can use our online search to pay by your ticket or notice number.
Search for your plate or registration number
You can search for your plate or registration number online if your car is registered in Massachusetts.
Or use the Boston PayTix app
You can look up unpaid tickets, avoid late fees with reminders, and make secure payments. Learn more about Boston PayTix.
Go to the Parking Clerk’s office
You pay your parking ticket at:
1 City Hall Square, Room 224
Boston, MA 02201
Office hours: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Or visit the City Hall to Go truck
If you use City Hall to Go, we forward your payment to the Parking Clerk. Your payment should get processed within 10 business days.
Write a letter to the City
The letter to the City needs to include:
- your ticket and registration number
- your name and address, and
- your payment for the fine.
Mail your information to the City
You can send your information to:
City of Boston
P.O. Box 55800
Boston, MA 02205
Have your info ready for the call
Find your parking ticket number. If you lost your ticket number, use your plate or registration number.
Call the City
You can reach us at 617-635-3888. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Online or over the phone: We only accept debit or credit cards from Mastercard or Visa.
- In person: You can pay with cash, a cashier's check, a money order, or a debit card or credit card from Mastercard or Visa.
- By mail: We only accept personal checks or money orders.
Keep in mind
- Any ticket issued by a Parking Enforcement Officer is uploaded to the City’s online system the same day. Handwritten tickets may take longer to be added to the system.
- For out-of-state plates or unknown ticket numbers, please call the Parking Clerk at 617-635-4410.