COVID-19 information
For the latest updates, please visit our coronavirus (COVID-19) website:

Entertainment Licensing

We license and regulate entertainment activities in Boston. 

  • On January 10, 2022, the Licensing Board issued an advisory regarding the vaccine mandate effective January 15, 2022, regarding certain indoor spaces. The advisory is supplemental to Mayor Wu's announcement on December 20, 2021 regarding these updated COVID operational changes. Read the Board's advisory. More information is available on the B Together website.
  • Entertainment licenses renewal has concluded. If you would like to renew your 2022 Entertainment license, please contact
  • The City of Boston's indoor mask mandate is in effect as of August 27, 2021. Read the advisory.
  • Stay updated: Join the Small Business Conference call every Tuesday at 3 p.m. on Zoom.

View all COVID-19 advisories

Consumer Affairs

If you need help with filing a consumer complaint or information on your consumer rights, contact the Consumer Affairs Office.

Licensing Board

If you would like to apply for a Common Victualler or Alcohol license, contact the Licensing Board.

  • 1 City Hall Square, Room 809
    Boston, MA 02201
  • icon-time
    Office hours
    Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • About Entertainment Licensing

    We license and regulate entertainment activities in Boston. We maintain safety and order in Boston's restaurants and nightclubs through the licensing and monitoring of entertainment activities. Find out more about our work.

2022 Renewals

Inspection Certificates:

If your licensed premise has any seats, the Inspectional Services Department (ISD) is requiring all licensees to get a valid Inspection Certificate. Invoices are mailed and emailed for the building permits two months before the expiration date.

Who to contact at ISD:

If you need an invoice or to schedule an inspection, please contact your building inspector. There is a list online of all the inspectors' contact information, including phone and email. You may refer to this document as well for the most updated information. The best time to schedule an appointment for inspection is at 1010 Mass. Avenue (5th floor) at 8 - 9 a.m. and 3 - 4 p.m. when the inspectors are in the office.

Back to top