Before you get started
We mail notice letters in February. This letter will give you instructions on how to fill out the 38D Property Tax Return. You can submit three different forms online:
- Form A2, if you own or lease an apartment or lodging property
- Form H, if you own or lease a hotel, motel or a bed and breakfast, and
- Form O, if you own or lease an office building.
You must file your return within 60 days of the mailing date on the notice. To make sure we are efficient and accurate, we require you to download the Excel spreadsheet, complete it, then submit your return online. If you can't file online, please contact us to receive a paper copy of the return.
Download and complete the Excel form
The 38D Property Tax Return is an Excel Workbook. When you open the spreadsheet, you must click “Enable Editing” at the top of your screen. We have more detailed instructions on the first page of the Excel form about how to fill it out.
We created a page that provides more details about the 38D Property Tax Return. There you can find information and documents to help you file:
- Form D, if you own or lease a dormitory or student housing
- Form NC, if you own or lease a new construction property
- Form PK, if you own or lease a parking facility
- Form RC, if you own or lease a mixed-use property (residential and commercial)
- Form SH, if you own or lease subsidized housing, and
- Form SP, if you own or lease a special purpose property.