Find out if you are eligible
To be eligible, you must:
- not be enrolled in middle school or high school
- be between the ages of 12-25, and
- live in Boston.
If you are between the ages of 19-25, you must demonstrate means testing. This includes:
- being enrolled in a GED or job training program, or
- taking part in a state or federal income-based program, such as Mass Health, WIC, food stamps, or Section 8.
We have more detailed information about eligibility guidelines.Are you re-enrolling in the program?
Please review our re-enrollment guidelines. Current MBTA Youth Pass Cards will deactivate on October 31, 2019.
Complete the intake form
If you are interested in the Youth Pass Program, you must complete the intake form.
After you complete your intake form, you will receive an email with the following:
- the Youth Pass application
- a link to schedule an appointment, and
- a list of required documents needed for your appointment.
We're testing out suggested content on Boston.gov below. If you see anything out of place, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org