Boston Summer Eats provides nutritious breakfast and lunch at no cost to youth 18 and under. No ID or registration required. This innovative effort aims to lessen the summer food gap by increasing the availability of non-traditional meal sites. The goal of the program is to expand access to free and healthy meals for kids and teens in Boston.
About the program
The Boston Summer Eats program is led by the Mayor’s Office of Food Access (OFA) in partnership with:
- Project Bread
- the Greater Boston YMCA, and
- Boston Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services.
The program is sponsored by the Boston Children's Hospital. The program provides free, nutritious meals to youth aged 18 and under.
- YMCA community centers
- Boston Housing Authority properties
- Boston Centers for Youth & Families locations
- Boston Public Schools, and
- Community-based organizations.