Winter farmers markets mini-grants
The Office of Food Access initiative aims to support Boston residents who need help buying food but don't qualify for any safety net programs, like SNAP, HIP, or WIC. We're also offering more opportunities for farmers and vendors to generate revenue.
How to apply
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be located in the City of Boston and host the market during the 2022 winter season, and
- identify and support the target population of the grant.
- Sign up for a Vendor ID number.
- Complete and submit the online application. In your proposal, you'll need to describe how you will distribute coupons to reach the target population, next steps, and the timeline. Please include your screening process and protocol for identifying the households that will benefit from the coupons.
Applications are due Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 5 p.m. (EST).Budget:
The Office of Food Access is committed to developing programs with an equity lens. We have designed two levels of funding opportunities:
- High-priority neighborhoods: Mattapan, Roxbury, Dorchester, and East Boston
- Up to $7,000
- All other Boston neighborhoods
- Up to $5,000
If you have any questions about the application or process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.