The work behind the law department
The Law Department works for the City of Boston’s government, including:
- the Mayor's Office
- the Boston City Council
- City Boards and Commissions, and
- all other City departments and agencies.
We offer advice on legal issues related to their work. We do not work with the general public. Our department consists of several divisions.
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Adam N. Cederbaum is the Corporation Counsel for the City of Boston. His staff includes:
- Susan M. Weise, First Assistant Corporation Counsel and Chief of Litigation
- Henry C. Luthin, Senior Counsel
- Jason Lederman, Chief Governmental Services Division
- David Fredette, Legal Advisor, Police Department
- Lisa Maki, Legal Advisor, School Department
- Edward Coburn, Legal Advisor, Inspectional Services Department
- Thythy Le, Legal Advisor, Public Facilities Department
- Kerry Nero, Legal Advisor, Workers Compensation, and
- Patricia Downs, Office Manager.
Still have questions? Contact:
You can file a complaint with the state if you’ve experienced discrimination. Contact the State Commission Against Discrimination by calling 617-994-6000.
Schools legal advisor
We offer representation for many cases, including:
- personal injury
- employment discrimination
- contract disputes
- special education law, and
- student discipline appeals.
You can get in touch with us at:
Office of the Legal Advisor
Boston Public Schools
2300 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02119