Your menu must have at least one healthy meal option. A healthy meal does not include any fried food, trans fats, or high fructose corn syrup.
A healthy meal must include three of the following:
- ¾ of a cup of fresh fruits, or packed fruits with no added sugar
- ¾ of a cup of fresh or frozen vegetables with no added salt
- 8 ounces of low-fat dairy, like yogurt
- whole grains, or
- 2 ounces of reduced-fat or lean meat that's grilled, broiled, or baked.
What makes your truck unique
'Rethink your drink' plan
- What times you will arrive for setup, open, and leave a site.
- The names of the staff who will work on your truck.
- How you plan to have customers line up for your truck. You need to keep a minimum of four feet of the sidewalk clear.
- Your strategy for keeping other vehicles from parking around your truck. You need to make sure you have 20 feet of clearance in front of and behind your truck.
- Your strategy for keeping the site clean. You should keep a trash can next to your truck, and plan to take all trash with you when you leave. You also must sweep your site and wash the sidewalk — if you need to — at the end of each shift. We’ll give you a violation if you dump food in the sewer.
- Where your staff will use the bathroom at each site.
Proof of Service
Write a statement on how your truck practices environmental sustainability.
Examples of sustainable practices include:
- using locally grown and sourced ingredients
- using alternative fuels or vehicles with low emissions
- using bio-based service ware, like utensils and plates, and
- recycling or composting waste.