Our History, Partners, & Advancing our work
Capacity Building and Training Initiative (CBTI) began as the Defending Childhood Initiative (DCI) funded under the Obama Administration. It aimed to prevent and address children’s exposure to violence. Partnering with over 60 agencies across the City of Boston, DCI developed many of our core training offerings and models for promoting trauma-informed and equitable systems.
Much of the work of DCI/CBTI is not possible without the time and expertise of our partners and special projects consultants.
BPHC and agency partners in Training Institute development:
- Start Strong
- Boston Healthy Start Systems
- Boston Family Justice Center agency partners
- Mayor’s Office for Immigrant Advancement
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Stone House – Strong Where You Are Program – Page Clark and Ruth Rollins
- We Are Better Together: the Warren Daniel Hairston Project
- Samantha Isabel Calero, Special Projects Consultant
- Hythia Phifer, Clinical Consultant
- Linda Sprague Martinez, Evaluation Consultant, BYRRC
Advancing our work
We are always interested in building our network and connecting with other agencies and individuals doing this work.
Please feel welcome to reach out to Bronwen White at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities for collaboration.