COVID-19 reopening guidance for outdoor fitness
You can find Massachusetts reopening guidance for outdoor fitness classes can be found online. Fitness businesses in the City of Boston must adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- Class size must be limited to no more than 25 people total, including staff/instructors
- There must be at least 20 ft in between groups
- All individuals must be at least 6 feet apart and wear face coverings at all times
- No contact activities
- Wash/sanitize hands prior to and after each class
- No heavy equipment allowed
- No large speakers, small handheld radios or speakers only [no amplified music prior to 7am]
- No roping off of areas
- Use touchless payment (i.e. no cash) when possible
- No shared equipment or supplies, including but not limited to weights, mats, water, etc.
- Businesses are responsible for documenting the names of individuals who attend each class and must maintain a record
- Individual stations must be at a minimum of 12 feet for MDPH recommendation to allow for adequate social distancing for the activity, as well as ingress and egress, the layout of the class should be managed to accommodate a minimum of 12 feet distance between each individual activity station.
- Screenings should be done for both Staff and attendees to determine if they have COVID-19 symptoms. Additionally, clear signage reminding people to stay home if they are sick should be clearly visible.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the areas must be done at the end of each session.
All business must register their classes online: