Traffic Advisory for July 28 - August 1, 2023
People attending these events are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the website and information on the MBTA may be found online. The MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket for a faster return trip. Walking is also a great way to move around.
BACK BAY/ DOWNTOWN
Puerto Rican Parade Festival – Sunday, July 30, 2023
The annual Puerto Rican Parade will take place along the following route, Boylston Street (starting at Hereford Street) to Tremont Street to Cambridge Street ending at City Hall Plaza. Some event vehicles will be allowed to use Cambridge Street from Court Street to New Chardon Street and New Chardon Street as a dispersal area after the parade.
Parking restrictions and road closures will be in place on the following streets:
- Boylston Street, (staging area, parade route), Both sides, from Dalton Street to Tremont Street
- Fairfield Street (staging area), Both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street.
- Gloucester Street (staging area), Both sides, from Newbury Street to Boylston Street
- Tremont Street, Both sides, from Boylston Street to Cambridge Street
- Cambridge Street, Both sides, from Tremont Street to New Chardon Street, excluding any HP spaces.
- New Chardon Street, (dispersal), Both sides, from Cambridge Street to Congress Street
National Night Out, – Monday, July 31, 2023 and Tuesday, August 1, 2023
The Boston Police Department will be hosting a multitude of National Night Out events across the City. Parking restrictions will be in place to support the events.
Monday, July 31- 1 pm to 9 pm
- Chestnut Hill Avenue, East side (park side) from Academy Hill Road to # 24 Chestnut Hill Avenue
- Academy Hill Road, West side (park side) from Peaceable Street to Chestnut Hill Avenue
- Westminster Street, Southside (park side) from Huntington Avenue to Ayles Road
- Centre Street, Both sides, from #326 Centre Street to #316 Centre Street
- Mozart Street, Both sides, from Priesing Street to Centre Street
- Almont Street, Southside (park side) from Orlando Street to opposite #27 Almont Street at gate to park entrance
- Beechland Circle, Both sides, the entire length, from #1 Beechland Circle to #162 Beechland Circle, from Washington Street to where it circles back onto itself.
- Unity Way, Both sides, the entire length, from opposite #38 Beechland Circle, to opposite #104 Beechland Circle
- Dubois, Northside (park side) from Adams Street to Orchard Park Street
Tuesday, August 1- 1 pm to 9 pm
- Harrison Avenue, Both sides, from Oak Street to Marginal Road
- Dorchester Avenue, West side (park side), from Park Street to Melville Avenue
- Glendon Street, East side (park side), from Condor Street to East Eagle Street
- Hanover Street, West side (Paul Revere Mall side), from Charter Street to Clark Street
South Boston (MDC Location)
- Old Colony Avenue, East side (park side), from Gavin Way to opposite Devine Way Parking Lot at basketball courts opposite O’Callaghan Way
- Tremont Street, East side (housing development side), from #496 Tremont Street to #416 Tremont Street, the entire cut-in area with metered parking and loading zones
Events such as parades, road races and street fairs may require road closures to accommodate the activities.