2021 election information
You may be asked to show identification when you check-in at your polling place if:
- you are voting for the first time in Mass. in a federal election
- you are an inactive voter
- you are casting a provisional or challenged ballot, or
- a poll worker has a reasonable suspicion that leads them to request your identification.
You aren't required to show a photo ID. You can learn more about acceptable identification on the state's website.
Find your polling location
Polling places are open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Voters in line when the polls close at 8 p.m. must be allowed to vote.Polling location search
- they’re going to be out of town during polling hours on Election Day
- they have a physical disability and can't get to the voting location, or
- they can't vote at the polls because of their religious beliefs.
- they are a Massachusetts citizen, but they won’t be in the state
- they are an active member of the military (this includes their spouses or dependents), or
- they are in prison or jail on a non-felony conviction.