Polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. The deadline to register to vote in the election is October 17. You have until 8 p.m. to register in person and midnight to register online. Early voting will be available for registered voters from October 22 through November 2. Learn how to vote early.
You can register to vote online, by mail, or in person. Don't know if you're registered? Look up your voter registration status.
You may be asked to show identification when you check-in at your polling place if:
- you are voting for the first time in Mass. in a federal election
- you are an inactive voter
- you are casting a provisional or challenged ballot, or
- a poll worker has a reasonable suspicion that leads them to request your identification.
You aren't required to show a photo ID. You can learn more about acceptable identification on the state's website.
Polling places must be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m., but some may open earlier.
Voters in line when the polls close at 8 p.m. must be allowed to vote.Polling location search
- they’re going to be out of town during polling hours on Election Day
- they have a physical disability and can't get to the voting location, or
- they can't vote at the polls because of their religious beliefs.
- they are a Massachusetts citizen, but they won’t be in the state
- they are an active member of the military (this includes their spouses or dependents), or
- they are in prison or jail on a non-felony conviction.