Basic Needs Assistance for Boston Households
CITY OF BOSTON
OFFICE OF EQUITY AND INCLUSION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
2021 COVID-19 Basic Needs Assistance for Boston Households
not Eligible for Previous Pandemic Benefits
Event ID EV00009472
The City of Boston, the Office of Equity and Inclusion, and the Mayor’s Office for Immigrant Advancement (MOIA) are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the ADMINISTRATOR of the 2021 COVID-19 CONSTITUENT RELIEF DISTRIBUTION. To learn the details of this contract, including purpose, eligibility, and timeline see the Request for Proposal here, or by contacting Renato Castelo at 617-635-1963 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted through the City of Boston Supplier Portal.
● The City of Boston is seeking a nonprofit partner to function as an Administrator to support basic needs assistance for households who did not qualify for federal COVID-19 benefits. This work was previously supported through the Boston Resiliency Fund.
● The allocation of $1 million of ARPA funding by the City of Boston to this purpose is meant to ease the financial difficulties faced by Boston residents in the wake of the pandemic and the associated negative economic impacts.
● The selected Boston-based nonprofit will manage the disbursement of funds at their discretion, keeping record on the number of families served and providing a final impact report containing a macro analysis of the applicants’ self-reported use of funds.
● The Administrator will disburse cash assistance based on qualifying criteria, such as number of residents in the home; intended use of the funds; number of unemployed adults in the home; household income; adversities faced, including inability to access other forms of government assistance.
● Cash transfers must be reasonably proportional to the negative economic impact they are intended to address. Boston households may apply to receive up to $1,000 in cash aid over the length of the assistance period.
● The assistance period will conclude December 31, 2021 or six months after receipt of the award, whichever is later.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm EST on July 26, 2021.
CELINA BARRIOS-MILLNER, CHIEF OF THE OFFICE OF EQUITY AND INCLUSION
- Posted 07/12/2021 - 9:00am
- Closed 07/26/2021 - 5:00pm
- Type Electronic
Questions about this page? Contact:Renato Castelo