2020 Housing Expo - postponed
We have chosen to postpone the event out of an abundance of caution regarding the evolving news about the COVID-19 virus.
We will communicate updates when they are available. Check back on this page for the latest.
TALKING TO LENDERS AND REALTORS
One great advantage of the Housing Expo is that you have the opportunity to meet with a number of lenders and realtors, including some you may not have even known about! The Expo also gives you the chance to compare one lender or realtor with another.
If you’ve never met with a lender or realtor before, you may not be sure what to say. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of common questions. These are just suggestions; you can substitute your own questions.
- Where should I start? What should be my next step?
- How much do I qualify for?
- How do I know I am getting the best mortgage?
- I want to have a payment no higher than $1,500 per month. Is that possible?
- Do I need any savings, or is there a zero percent downpayment with low closing costs?
- Why do I need a realtor?
- Do I have to have a home inspection? (What if I do not buy the house; it's a waste of my money.)
- Can you help me if I do not buy in the City?
- Do you have listings in the area I'm interested in?
- Do you have or have you sold affordable or deed-restricted properties?