BCYF Paris Street community meeting on renovations
We're giving an update on the status of the BCYF Paris Street Community Center renovation project in East Boston. The community meeting is hosted by:
- Boston Centers for Youth & Families
- the City of Boston’s Public Facilities Office, and
- the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services.
One of the oldest municipal buildings in the City, BCYF Paris Street closed for renovations in May. A $10 million dollar investment from the Walsh administration will allow the center to receive the repairs and upgrades it needs. With these updates, BCYF Paris Street will be able to offer many more resources to East Boston for the next 100 years. Upgrades include:
- interior upgrades of all mechanical systems and boilers
- window replacements
- exterior and interior door replacements
- athletic facility improvements
- teledata upgrades, and
- new furniture and equipment.
We're holding the meeting at the Mario Umana Academy, 312 Border Street, in East Boston. We relocated BCYF Paris Street programming to the Umana during renovations.