Boston Common Master Plan Open House #1
- Sign-in / Open Gallery / Topical Stations: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Formal presentation: 6:30 - 7 p.m.
- Question and answer: 7 - 7:30 p.m.
- Open Gallery / Topical Stations: 7:30 - 8 p.m.
As "America’s First Public Park" and an oasis in downtown Boston, Boston Common is one of the most treasured green spaces in the world. The goal of the Master Plan is to create a Common that will serve the people of Boston and visitors alike while protecting this special place for decades to come.
Over the past several months, we have been deeply engaged in a conversation about the future of Boston Common. The level of engagement was significant:
- 4,000 people completed the online survey
- We held eight "Mini Common" pop up events on the Common and out in the neighborhoods of Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Beacon Hill, Roxbury, Chinatown, Back Bay, and East Boston.
- Nearly 1,200 people engaged in the “Mini Common” pop up events.
During this "town hall" style meeting, the public will have the opportunity to:
- hear an overview of the Boston Common Master Plan project
- provide general feedback
- preview the initial survey results
- comment on specific topics drawn from community responses, such as security, programming and events, accessibility, and more, and
- learn about next steps.
How can you participate? The Open House format will include opportunities for active participation as well as a slideshow presentation. The presentation will be made available on the project website, where you can also take the survey. This is the first in a series of open houses, so please check the website for updates.
We are deeply grateful for your continued commitment to providing meaningful feedback for the Boston Common Master Plan, which is so incredibly important in shaping the future of the Common. We look forward to seeing you at this and future open houses and outreach events!