We Are Boston Gala
The event will be held on Thursday, November 30, 2017 at The Westin Boston Waterfront. The Gala will highlight Boston’s diversity and the many contributions and achievements of the most committed individuals that represent our immigrant and refugee community.
This year, we transport you to the Caribbean. This region makes up 15% of Boston's immigrants in the City of Boston. Its immigrants, with their skills, cultures and languages, helped shape our City. At this year’s Gala, we will pay tribute to the Caribbean community. Guests will experience Caribbean cuisine, music, and dance.
The event is hosted by:
- Mayor Martin J. Walsh
- The Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement
- Co-Chairs Mohamad Ali of Carbonite, Inc., Roger W. Crandall of MassMutual, and Davide Grasso of Converse
- John Alvarez, New Balance Athletics, Inc.
- Mark T. Bettencourt, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Robert K. Coughlin, Mass Biotechnology Council
- Sherry Dong, Tufts Medical Center
- Atsuko Toko Fish, Fish Family Foundation
- Rita German, John Hancock Financial Services
- Lucas H. Guerra, Argus
- Dr. James W. Hunt, Mass League of Community Health Centers
- Cynthia Izzo, KPMG
- Michael Jorgensen, The Westin Boston Waterfront
- David Josef, David Josef Fashions
- Nicole Leiter, RPh, Walgreens
- Steve Melia, TripAdvisor
- Quincy Miller, Eastern Bank
- Robert L. Reynolds, Putnam Investments
- James E. Rooney, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Micho F. Spring, Weber Shandwick
- Richard L. Vieira, Stifel
- Karen Young Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
An exclusive dine-around culinary reception featuring celebrity chefs, Caribbean musical performances, and special guests.
$100 per person
Program and concert
An awards presentation by Mayor Martin J. Walsh honoring those who have championed inclusiveness and diversity.
The live auction and concert features entertainment from the Caribbean. Included with VIP and Main Tickets.
Mingle with Boston’s most prominent CEOs, executives, and a diverse group of community leaders. Experience multi-cultural entertainment and bid on fabulous auction items. The event brings together top influencers to support, raise dollars, and celebrate immigrant advancement.
The Gala features more than 1,000 attendees, leaders, and influencers in Greater Boston, numerous multi-cultural musical and dance performances, an awards presentation, a live auction featuring exciting trips and one-of-a-kind items, and celebrity chefs featuring a Caribbean-themed food.
Since it started in 2006, the We Are Boston Gala has attracted many friends and supporters. We celebrate cultural diversity and honor the contributions of those who champion inclusiveness and diversity.
The Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement was created in 1998. The office works to ensure the full participation of immigrants within the civic, economic, social, and cultural life of Boston. Twenty-seven percent of Boston residents are foreign-born. Nearly half of Boston Public Schools students have a foreign-born parent. Under Mayor Walsh’s leadership, Immigrant Advancement is committed to strengthening and expanding that legacy.
Proceeds from the 2017 gala will benefit:
- The Immigrant Integration and Empowerment Initiative
- Immigrant Information Corners
- Immigration Advice Clinics
- English for New Bostonians