Rose Garden Party
About the Event
The Rose Garden Party, hosted by Honorary Chair Mayor Michelle Wu, is an annual fundraiser that benefits:
- year-round programs in City of Boston public parks, and
- allows thousands of children and families to enjoy performance and participatory programs, as well as special events.
This year's event is taking place on Friday September 9, from 5 - 7:30 p.m.
If you have the means to support us in providing free, safe and enriching quality programming, any amount of support will help. Donations can be made online.
You can also make a donation by check payable to "The Fund for Parks and Recreations in Boston". Checks may be sent to:
The Fund for Parks and Recreations in Boston
Boston Parks and Recreations Department
1010 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02118
Donations to "The Fund for Parks and Recreation in Boston" (tax identification #04-2784811) are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Rose Garden Committee
Mayor Michelle Wu serves as Honorary Event Chair of the Rose Garden Committee. The committee is made up of:
- the arts,
- business and philanthropic leaders,
- and supporters of children's enrichment programming.
Passed hors d'oeuvres, and more.
- Live and DJ entertainment with a spirited, creative hat contest in a garden party setting
- Silent auction. See the auction themes.
- En Plein air painting demonstration
The James P. Kelleher Rose Garden in the Back Bay Fens, when 3,000 rose bushes are in peak bloom.