About the program
What makes a bench Age-friendly?
- Benches should have raised armrests on the end and center of the bench.
- Benches have raised seats and backs for easy support.
- Benches need to be temperature-resistant. People should be able to enjoy them regardless of temperature!
- Benches must meet all spacing and ADA requirements.
- We're prioritizing certain locations, including libraries, senior and community centers, and Main Street Districts that are walkable and close to public transit.