Volunteer Opportunities for Older People
Boston needs your strong skills and experience.
We can connect you to a variety of volunteer opportunities based on your interests, location, and preferred time commitment.Our partner and funder
Americorps is our partner and funder for our Americorps Seniors RSVP and Americorps Seniors Senior Companion programs.
Still have questions? Contact:
617-635-4366 | TELETYPE: 617-635-4599
Become a partner site
Interested in hosting a volunteer opportunity for our programs? Contact Joseph Goncalves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers serve at locations throughout Boston offering:
- companionship to adults
- respite to caregivers
- delivering food to frail seniors
- transportation to seniors
- providing free health insurance information to clients
- teaching English as a second language, and
- supporting veterans and their families.
- You must be age 55 or over.
- If you plan to offer offer transportation, you need to have a valid driver's license.
- You also need to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check.
We want to provide a range of exciting opportunities for people. If you have a suggestion for a new volunteer site or role, please contact us at email@example.com.
"The City of Boston recognizes the skills that we have. While we may be retired, we are still able to apply those skills to our communities."
— Marsha Colbert, 71
"Senior Greeters at the front of City Hall are not just pretty faces. We’re respected. We welcome tourists. We can answer 99% of questions from visitors." — Nicholas “Jerry” Leonard, 83