We prepare the City's annual financial statements, and review and process all financial transactions for accuracy, completeness, and compliance. We also implement fiscal controls over departmental spending, and provide technical assistance to City departments and agencies.
A firm of independent Certified Public Accountants audits the report and publishes it within six months of the end of the fiscal year. The publication of these reports represents the final closing of the books on the statutory basis and the conclusion of financial activity.
These reports are presented in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America and the standards applicable to financial audits contained in Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States. They are intended to satisfy the requirements in state finance law and the Government Auditing Standards Board, to present fairly the results of governmental activities, the business-type activities, the aggregate discretely presented component units, each major fund and the aggregate remaining fund information.Statements:
- A-133 Report - Fiscal Year Ended: 6/30/2012 - Audited by: KPMG, LLP
- A-133 Report - Fiscal Year Ended: 6/30/2011 - Audited by: KPMG, LLP
- A-133 Report - Fiscal Year Ended: 6/30/2010 - Audited by: KPMG, LLP
- A-133 Report - Fiscal Year Ended: 6/30/2009 - Audited by: KMPG, LLP
- A-133 Report - Fiscal Year Ended: 6/30/2008 - Audited by: KPMG, LLP