The Boston Tax Help Coalition (BTHC) provides FREE tax preparation and filing services to Boston residents earning $60,000 or less at a neighborhood tax site or completely online. Residents can file safely while maximizing their tax refunds and credits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC). To learn more about what credits you qualify for, visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.
Find a Tax Site Near YouTax Sites
Virtual Tax Prep
The Boston Tax Help Coalition has teamed up with GetYourRefund.org to provide remote tax preparation, assisted by certified VITA volunteers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Access to a smartphone or computer
- Photo ID
- Tax documents (Find the list here)
- Email address and phone number
HOW IT WORKS
- You will be asked a series of questions.
- Upload tax documents.
- Schedule a call with a certified IRS tax preparer to be finalized.
- Submit your return.