How to file a lobbying complaint

Last updated:

Do you suspect that a person, entity, or organization is engaged in unregistered lobbying activity? You may submit a complaint in writing to the City Clerk.


Get your complaint information together

Your complaint must contain these details:

  • The date, dates, or period of time the unregistered lobbying activity took place
  • A concise statement of the alleged unregistered lobbying activity
  • Your identification, including your full name and contact information
  • Identification of the person, entity, or organization alleged to have engaged in unregistered lobbying activity

Complete our online form

Please remember to include any supporting documents when you submit our online form:

Lobbying complaint form

The City Clerk will review each complaint. If you have any questions, you can contact our office at 617-635-4601 or

Back to top