Volunteers serve at locations throughout Boston offering:
- companionship to adults
- respite to caregivers
- delivering food to frail seniors
- transportation to seniors
- providing free health insurance information to clients
- teaching English as a second language, and
- supporting veterans and their families.
Volunteers choose how much time they serve and where they would like to serve, in locations that allow them to draw from their own skills, as well as, learn new ones.
- You get ongoing training and support.
- You are eligible to receive reimbursement for a portion of transportation and meal expenses you take on while serving.
- You get free supplemental accident insurance while on duty.
- We give you an invitation to the annual Volunteer Recognition luncheon.
- You also get information on free events sponsored by the City of Boston.
- You must be age 55 or over.
- If you plan to offer offer transportation, you need to have a valid driver's license.
- You also need to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check.