Interested in working at the polls on Election day? You can apply to become a poll worker online.
Before you get started online
There is nothing more important to democracy than free and fair elections. By becoming a poll worker, you will help ensure that all registered voters are able to exercise their right to vote freely, without obstruction or influence.
As an Election Day poll worker, you will work with a team, and each team member will have their own important role. Together, you will help the City of Boston have a successful and efficient Election Day.
Election Day poll workers receive two hours of paid training to prepare them for their assignment on Election Day, and a stipend for their day of service to our City.ELECTION DAY POLL WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Help in the setup of the voting location on Election Day.
- Prevent interference with the voting process and assists voters in accordance with the law.
- Check voters in, hand out ballots, and direct voters to voting stations.
- Help voters who may have difficulties voting due to sight and physical limitations.
- Provide language assistance to Boston’s LEP (Limited English Proficiency). Translators may be on site or available by phone at the Boston Election Department Translator Phone Bank.
- Oversee the completion of forms for challenged and provisional ballots.
- Read and record the number of ballots cast before, during, and at the close of the polls.
- Help with various assignments required to secure the closing of the polls.
Sign up through our online portal
- Preliminary Election: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
- Municipal Election: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
You'll have to go to a two-hour training session before you can work on Election Day. We'll let you know when and where it is after you apply.Already registered?
Sign into your account through our online portal. We have information about your assignments, upcoming elections, and training schedules.
We're testing out suggested content on Boston.gov below. If you see anything out of place, let us know at email@example.com.