Boston Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
The City of Boston CERT program is a member of and recognized by the National CERT Association. The Boston CERT Program is a great way for residents of Boston who are interested in supporting the City's emergency response efforts to get involved. You'll also be more prepared to respond to an emergency situation on any scale.
Emergency Skill-Based TrainingSkill-Based Training
CERT TEAM ELIGIBILITY
What does it take to be a CERT member?
- You must be 18 to become a member. If you are younger than 18, you can take the training, but you will not become a member of the team until you turn 18.
- You will be required to fill out an application that will be provided at the final training session of the CERT training program.
- Applicants must go through a background and driver's license check.
Those interested in participating in the Boston CERT program must complete the registration form linked below.
UNTIL HELP ARRIVES
"Until Help Arrives" is a hybrid, three-hour emergency skill-based training available to residents. You'll learn response skills that can be used to respond to life-threatening emergency situations.
Below are some of the things that will be taught in the course:
- Stop the bleed
- Protect the injured from harm
- Position the injured so they can breathe
- What information to collect for First Responders
To register for an Until Help Arrives course, follow the link below.