There are three categories of grants available for community-based organizations, depending on the number of days hosting a meal site:
- Five days a week, up to $4,000
- Three days a week, up to $2,400
- Two to one day a week, range up to $1,600
For summer 2021, grant funds are to be used exclusively for personnel to help staff the site. The funding is determined based on the number of operational days and hours.
Grants will be accompanied by technical help and support.
- operate in the City of Boston
- commit to administer and do community outreach for Boston Summer Eats in their neighborhood, and
- pledge to provide meals to all children and teens ages 18 and under.