Employee Assistance Program
We offer a safe and supportive environment that is sensitive to the concerns and interests of City of Boston workers. We work with employees to resolve concerns that may impact health, well-being, social functioning, and productivity issues in the workplace.
26 Court Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The program is offered to the City of Boston workers and their family members, participating authorities, and commissions. The service is available regardless of position or length of employment. It's confidential, and available at no cost.
News and announcements
Our focus is one of well-being — we focus on the whole person. Our services are designed to assist those we serve in identifying and resolving personal concerns, problems, and issues. Well-being integrates physical, mental health, and whole life experiences resulting in a more holistic approach. It includes the presence of positive emotions and moods, satisfaction with life, fulfillment and positive functioning.
We use a preventative solution focus approach by offering: education, information, resources, and skills.We offer:
- Safe, supportive, and confidential environment where someone can come, get necessary help without any hassles, stigmatizations, or judgment.
- Counseling and supportive services by providing a comprehensive range of solutions.
- Psychological: Positive emotions and resilience
- Physical: Health promotion, disease management
- Financial: Becoming literate in all things financial
- Work: Central to adult identification, human development, and functioning.
- Social: Quality of relationships, networking
Our focus is on prevention. We apply a proactive solution focus approach by providing education, information, and skills. We have numerous resources on our website, including resource links by category, employee newsletters, information on stress in the workplace, and more.
Usually employees contact us when conditions and relationships in one area of their lives (work) begin to impact them in other ways (life outside of work and home). These two interconnect causing spillover, which can lead to stress. When most employees contact us they identify the number one issue as stress, and we help them.
First, we identify their options, and from those options we help them:
- Select choices: there are always choices no matter what.
- Find a level of support: we express how important having a support network is, close friends and family.
- Normalize: it’s normal for us as human beings to experience stress. It’s a normal body reaction.