Coronavirus information
For the latest updates, please visit our coronavirus (COVID-19) website:
Coronavirus updates
Back to top

Licensing Board

We grant and regulate various types of alcohol and food licenses for restaurants, nightclubs, and other establishments in Boston. We also hold hearings on violations and license applications.

COVID-19 Update on recent state legislation
1 City Hall Square
Room 809
Boston MA  02201-2035
United States
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Public hearings and meetings

We add information on Licensing Board public meetings and hearings to the public notices section of our website.

Licensing Board marijuana advisory
The Licensing Board issued an advisory regarding the consumption of marijuana at a licensed premise.
Read the advisory

Search licenses

Analyze Boston

Analyze Boston is the City of Boston's open data hub. You can search through different types of licenses on their website.

Current members

Member Appointed Expires Status
Liam Curran 6/8/2016 6/1/2022 Active
Keeana Saxon 6/18/2018 6/1/2024 Active
Kathleen Joyce 10/9/2018 6/1/2020 Active

Board information

The Licensing Board regulates licenses pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 138 and 140, and the Rules of the Board.

Our board consists of three commissioners who are appointed by the Mayor of Boston. Each commissioner serves a six-year term.

Boston police officers also act as agents of our board, and report violations of the alcoholic and other laws relevant to our laws and hearings.


6 years