- Alcohol Petition online form: For alcohol-related petitions and transactions, submit your application through the Licensing Board's new online form. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- 2021 Outdoor Dining: Apply for the 2021 single-season Outdoor Dining program which will begin April 1, 2021. Applications may be submitted on a rolling basis. Please visit our 2021 Outdoor Dining website for key dates, guidance, common questions, and a link to the application.
- Reduced capacity: Beginning December 26, 2020, restaurants will be required to reduce the capacity which is listed on the Inspection Certificate to 25 percent (excluding staff). As of January 5, 2020, the reduced capacity has been extended for an additional three weeks. Read the Board's advisory.
- Bar Seating Plan application (as of Monday, December 14, 2020): Due to the public health metrics, bar seating in the City of Boston will be closed beginning Wednesday, December 16, 2020, but may be permitted with an express written approval by the Licensing Board for the City of Boston. In order to safely utilize the bar seating, licensees must submit a Bar Seating Plan to the Board for review and approval.
About the Licensing Board
We grant and regulate various types of alcohol and food licenses for restaurants, nightclubs, and other establishments in Boston. We also hold hearings on violations and license applications. Learn more about the Licensing Board.
Do you want to apply for an Entertainment license or Special Events permit? Contact the Entertainment Licensing Division for more information.
If you would like to apply for a Cannabis-related license, visit the Cannabis Board page.
Hearings and MeetingsHearings and Meetings
Virtual emergency Licensed Premise Inspections hearing
Hearing materialsHearing materials
Licensing Board hearings are typically held on Tuesdays (violations), Wednesdays (transactional), and Thursdays (voting).
Find the Board's Hearing Videos prior to 2021 on the Board Information page.
- December 17, 2020 (2021 Outdoor Dining Help Session)
- January 4, 2021 (Licensing Board Emergency Hearing for Licensed Premise Violations)
- January 11, 2021 (Licensing Board Emergency Hearing for Licensed Premise Violations)
- January 19, 2021 (Licensing Board Emergency Hearing for Licensed Premise Violations)
Licensing Board information
The Licensing Board grants and regulates various types of alcohol and food licenses for restaurants, nightclubs, and other establishments in Boston.Licensing Board information