Our board issues and regulates:
- alcohol and food
- hotels, inns, and lodging houses
- fraternities and dormitories
- billiards, pool and sippio tables, and bowling alleys, and
- fortune teller licenses within Boston.
Applications for "Bring Your Own Bottle" (BYOB) permits are now available to download for restaurants who meet certain eligibility requirements.
The Licensing Board regulates licenses pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 138 and 140, and the Rules of the Board.
Our board consists of three commissioners who are appointed by the Mayor of Boston. Each commissioner serves a six-year term.
Boston police officers also act as agents of our board, and report violations of the alcoholic and other laws relevant to our laws and hearings.
- 2015 Calendar Restrictions for Sale/Delivery of Alcohol
- Advisory: Off-Premises Retail Licensees Sunday Opening Time Allowed At 10 AM
- For Your Information
- Notice to Abutters – Definition of Abutter
- Notice to Lodging, Dormitory & Boarding Houses
- Advisory: Phone Scam Alert
- DOR Certificate of Good Standing Online Process
- ABCC – Caterer’s License
- G. L. c. 138, § 34B Amendment - MA identification card acceptable for proof of age
- Memo from Board re: Drug Use Prevention
- Memo From Chair: Alcohol Applications
- Memo from the Chair: Requests for Continuances of Violation (Tuesday) Hearings