Recycling household electronics
Our electronic drop-off events are for Boston residents only. We don't take commercial material from businesses. You can find out more about the materials we will — and won't — take at these events at the bottom of this page.
BoxQ, an electronics recycling company, works as a vendor at our events. By allowing BoxQ to first attempt to resell any equipment we receive, we are able to keep these events free. If BoxQ can't resell an item, they will break it down into smaller pieces. They then send those parts to refineries to keep them out of the landfills.
- Computers (including desktops, towers, laptops, and tablets)
- LCD flat panel monitors
- Printers (including inkjets, laserjets, copiers, and scanners)
- Networking equipment (including switches, routers, and servers)
- UPS batteries, laptop batteries, and cell phone batteries
- Audio and video equipment (including VHS players, DVD players, and stereos)
- Telephones (including cellphones and office phones)
- Other electronic accessories (including keyboards, mouse devices, cables, and wires)
- Washers and dryers