We have information below about restoring historic storefronts and our design services.
Interested in the program?
Want to find out how you can improve the outside of your building, or your storefront signs? Want to learn more about our design services? Contact the Small Business Development team at 617-635-0355
In a city like Boston, we’re focused on preserving and improving historic facades and storefronts. It’s a strategic way to increase the vitality of commercial districts and local businesses.
The more welcoming the front of your business, the more likely you'll be successful. Through ReStore Boston, we offer:
- help designing your storefront
- grants for signs, and
- matching grants for the exterior design and renovation of the outside of commercial buildings in Boston’s neighborhoods.
We offer grants for:
- finishing the outside of your business
- repairing and replacing storefront windows or doors, or both
- creating new signs
- adding lighting for the building or signs
- removing solid, roll-down grates, and
- putting in place awnings outside your business.
The Office of Small Business Development wants to help small business owners create a great first impression.
We have a dedicated Design Services unit for business and property owners. You’ll get help improving your storefront, signs, business logos, and website. This includes access to architects and graphic designers.
The Design Services unit supports businesses with:
- concept development
- review and approval at the City’s various landmark and historic commissions, and
- the development of graphic representations that will help them grow and thrive.